China Cultural Center in Luxembourg (“CCCLU”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This notice is to help you understand what personal information we collect about you, why we collect it and what we do with it.
- Contact details of the controller
Your personal information is collected by China Cultural Center in Luxembourg ("Center”/”we"/"us"/"our").
If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information or this Privacy Notice, please contact us at:
Address: 3, Boulevard Joseph II, L-1840 Luxembourg
- What personal information we collect
We may collect, store, and use the personal information about you when you visit and use our website and services, including but not limited to the following information:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number and mobile number;
- Identifiers, such as date of birth, your gender, username or other similar identifiers.
Any failure to provide certain information when requested may impair the proper performance of our services or legal and contractual obligations.
- How we collect your personal information
We may collect the personal information you submit to us when:
- you interact with us in connection with the events, courses and/or services organized or provided by CCCLU or you provide information with us about you for event registrations, requests for services and access to various content and features on our website;
- you communicate with us by telephone, email or via our website, for example in order to make enquiries or leave comments;
- you visit our websites with a cookies-enabled browser or register a user account with our websites or use some of our website services;
- you subscribe to our mailing lists for email subscription and newsletters.
- How we use personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- the provision of our events, courses and/or servicesto visitors, students and any persons receiving such services;
- for the purposes of any potential and/ or actual complaint, litigation or investigations concerning us.
- Why we use personal information
We will use your personal information where:
- we collected your specific consent to process your personal information;
- it is necessary for the performance of a service provided to you by us or in order to take steps at your request ;
- we need to process your information in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation ; or
- it is necessary for vital interests relating to you or another person (for example, avoiding serious risk of harm to you or others).
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- Information that we share
We will share your personal information with companies, organisations and individuals inside and outside of the Center as follows:
- Authorized personnel of the Center in connection with his or her functions;
- Third-party vendors and service providers (such as subcontractors, agents or network operators) who are employed to perform support, operational and/or administrative functions or services on our behalf but only if (a) the sharing of your personal information is necessary for them to carry out such support services and (b) those service providers are required to use any personal information they receive in accordance with our instructions and pursuant to a data processing agreement that complies with the requirements of applicable data privacy law;
- Retention of your information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
However, some information may be retained longer, for example where we need to retain it for the purposes of litigation.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
- Securing your information
We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person accessing it.
- Where your information will be held
Information that you provide to us may be stored on servers and with third-party service providers in countries whose data protection laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live. When we transfer the personal information of users who are located in the EU to a location outside of the European Economic Area for processing, we use an approved transfer mechanism such as the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses. You may contact us to learn more about the transfer mechanism that we use to effect such transfer.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights in relation to our handling of your data. These include the following:
- Access: you are entitled to ask us if we are processing your information and, if we are, you can request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Correction: you are entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about you is corrected.
- Erasure: you are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal information in certain circumstances. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal data is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims.
- Restriction: you are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy.
- Objection: where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) you may object to that specific processing on this ground.
- Withdrawal: When our legal basis for processing your information is your consent, you may withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
- Questions or complaints
If you have any questions about this notice or how we handle your personal information, or any complaints please contact the.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, the National Commission for Data Protection (Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données – CNPD).